Monday, March 24, 2008

Full Throttle Fury

After a quick visit to my local market, I found the drink I was looking for: the Full Throttle Fury. That's the red one, in the picture. I know I once had this before, and I remember how the flavor blew me away. So I decided it was worth reviewing, here on Canned Reviews. The can design is very basic, with the rugged Full Throttle logo, and some edgy yellow flames. Other than that, there's little to look at. I am looking forward to trying this beast, regardless of the dented can.

Ooh, the smell is very berry. Or orange. Or a combination of the two. More surprisingly, the red color I predicted from the start turns out to be a bright, almost flourescent orange. Appetizing. When I take the first sip, I am met with a simple orange flavor, which the color hints at. Then, there is strong, overpowering carbonation, that I think takes away from the flavor. And, sadly, I believe the sweetness is too little for this kind of drink. Maybe it would be better as a refreshing, subtle, uncarbonated drink. I'll like it better when it goes flat. So let me shake the can, releasing the carbon dioxide.

Ahh, well now, here is the experience I was looking for with this beverage. A light orange with no carbonation, and little sweetness. But I still can't overcome the eminent gumminess. I hardly recommend this to anyone, except as a cold, light, refreshing drink.

Now, the ingredients: From beginning to end: Water, HFCS (groan), Citric Acid, Taurine, Natural Flavors, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Ginseng Extract, Caffiene, Carnitine Fumarate, Yellow 6, Caramel Color, Niacinimide (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Guarana Extract (finally...!), and Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12). Pretty uninteresting and lame. I only expect a sugar high from this, if anything.

Taste: 6 - Boring and weak orange flavor
Kick: 4 - Haven't felt anything yet, but I am bound to at least get something from the sugar
Overall: 5 - Not the most interesting energy drink I've had

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"