Thursday, August 7, 2008

Go Fast


Man! I can't believe it's been nearly a week since any of us have posted a review. Well, I just got home last night and I've been looking forward to typing a review for you folks. I found the Go Fast out at a Terrible's, a local gas station and mini-mart basically at every corner in and around Las Vegas. Go Fast comes around in an 11.9 ounce can, smaller by.1 ounce, but I guess they wanted to be different. Go Fast also has a cool medal slapped onto it reading "Gold Medal Superior Taste." Wow, now that makes me really want to break this one open and hope find yet another winner. When I got this drink, I immediately glanced over at the ingredients and found Australian Honey. Wow, that's pretty cool, a honey flavored energy drink. There's also some good energy ingredients like ginkgo biloba and milk thistle, which gives some good focus and healthy herbs that are good for the body. I don't think it's going to be that sweet because of the amount of sugar which is only 37g. I've heard quite a few bad reviews on this, a lot really, but I have a strange feeling it'll be really good. Only one way to find out: open it up. Let's do that now.

I swiftly open up the can in hope for a nice honey aroma, but got a smooth strawberry scent with hardly any honey mixed in with it. Go Fast has a nice amber-red color, rather than a usual Red Bull/Monster amber-brown. I'd say the red color is due to the amount of strawberry flavor in the drink, although the Australian Honey plays a part in giving it that nice golden color. The flavor is nearly incredible tasting like the Go Girl, but less artificial and more strawberry flavor mixed in. There's a bit of honey nuance in the background, but not really so thick as to make you 'choke' on it. The flavor in general is really refreshing, the strawberry works real well with the sweet Australian Honey to create the perfect almost foreign taste with no bitterness whatsoever. It's aftertaste is really nothing, just a bit strawberry flavor that tastes like strawberry jam that you put on toast. I enjoy the mild carbonation, well, the carbonation is hardly anything. I'd say the carbonation is only enough as to barely feel it on your tongue. I chugged this good drink, so it was a bit gummy for me, but I doubt you'd get gumminess if you sip it ever so slightly. Overall, out of the many bad critiques set for this drink, I must say, it deserves the Gold Medal it supposedly 'received'.

I like this set of ingredients because it gave some really great focus and intense energy. It has carbonated water, sucrose, taurine, citric acid, flavourings, honey, ginseng, caffeine, ginkgo biloba, milk thistle herb, and riboflavin. I'm really glad this is sweetened with sucrose, not HFCS. Go Fast delivered a really crisp flavor, only because of the lack of HFCS. Per can 11.9, you get only about 150 calories and a miniature 37g. If it were a 16 ounce can, it would have only 200 calories and about 59.5g of sugar; it's not bad but it could be better I thought. As for energy ingredients, you'll pick up 110mg of ginkgobiloba, 110mg of guarana , and 70mg of milk thistle herb. I started this last paragraph a few hours later, and I'll tell you the kick is pretty insane. I was really focused, yet I had enough good energy to walk and run around, not bad at all. All in all, I got more than I had expected from Go Fast, and frankly, I loved that perfect strawberry-honey flavor put in it. I think I liked it so much, and you will too, because strawberry itself in an energy drink is rare, but strawberry and honey is extremely rare. I'll tell you, don't listen to the people that say it's 'terrible', or 'disgusting', but trust us here on Canned Reviews: it was good.

Taste: 8.5 - A crisp, refreshing strawberry-honey flavor lived up to its Superior Taste Award
Kick: 8.6 - With the ginkgo and caffeine, I can say I went pretty fast
Overall: 8.5 - I would want to pick one of these up again next time I'm out in Vegas

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"