Thursday, April 10, 2008

Archer Farms Fruit Punch Energy


Hey, I am finally reviewing this drink after it being chilled in my fridge for a few days. Like the Tropical Fruit, I purchased this drink at Target for about .85 cents. I'm telling you, these drinks are the real deal. I mean, for .85 cents, why not? If you recall, my last Archer Farms review explained how good the Tropical Fruit was, so I am excited to crack this one open. This can has its Archer Farms logo, a small red rooster, just above a pinkish fruity color; most likely resembling the drink's color. I have noticed some frost on the can, that'll make it really cold, and in my case, better Other than that, this drink has a pretty basic design to it, mainly what Archer Farms usually does with their products. So, here comes the pitch.

As the can cracks open, I get some of this drink everywhere, due to the carbonation. However, the smell is similar to a mixed berry aroma. I smell a blend of raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, and strawberry. It comes out of the can a dark orange color, similar to the Full Throttle Fury. Hm, that's an odd taste. Imagine strawberry soda, with a hint of wild berry...I wouldn't call that fruit punch. As soon as it hits your mouth, you get a sour strawberry taste, and the aftertaste is a sweet blueberry and raspberry blend. However, you do get a lot of carbonation, which draws you away from the real flavor, so be aware of that. This drink reminds me of the Summer, where you aren't really doing anything but hanging out in your front or backyard, and just drinking a soda. The good part of this is you don't get a lot of gumminess, which I, and many other people prefer not to have. After about 5 ounces into the drink, I start to notice a great amount of melon, almost instantly after it touches your tongue. Now, you do not want to chug this because you will get a weird feeling in your throat like you get after drinking some cranberry juice; the carbonation will hurt you as well if you are trying to take big sips, so please savor and enjoy this drink. Overall, I guess it was alright, it tasted a bit natural and a bit artificial. If you want to make a drink with many flavors such as strawberry, melon, and various berries, you need to support it with less carbonation and no artificial sweeteners. Enough said.

Following the taste test, we have the ingredients. I first see carbonated water and and HFCS, no surprise. You will find HFCS in almost any food or drink out there, you just gotta be careful. Taurine comes in at a whopping number four, pretty good for a generic brand. Per can, you get 220 calories, which is almost average for your every day energy drink. You also get about 52g of sugar, which is about average as well, so you can count on this as being your average drink on the market. You will get supplied with 2,000 mg of taurine and 100mg of inositol. I know I never mention inositol in a review, but this is an exception. This drink was alright to me, I thought the Tropical Fruit was a lot better, but you can't beat it for .85 cents. If you want a drink that'll give you a punch of various fruits, you can get this drink, but why when there's better fruit-like drinks on the market?

Taste: 7 - I won't give this drink a bad rating only because I like fruity drinks, artificial, or not
Kick: 8 - Just like the other one, I get a great kick
Overall: 7 - It was pretty good, not as good as your genuine fruit drinks, though

Reviewed by: Chan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i thought this stuff was TERRIBLE

maybe because I really enjoy Rockstar Punched, and this was nothing like it

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"