Sunday, September 14, 2008

Damzl Fuel


Demographics play a large part in the human life, and it seems as though they are playing the same part in the marketing of products nowadays. It's not uncommon if you encounter, say, an energy drink with bright, pink colors and phrases like "A Women's Energy Drink" or "Not for Dudes." There's also drink with gang-relating illustrations, like Independent, or 18 Dummy Cherry Lime; they just will do anything and everything to attract a customer to a sale. I do not care what a drink has labeled on it, for I just take it and review, even if it is only for a certain demographic. From experience, I have found flavors in these types of drink to not appeal to me so much, but I would understand it appealing to the demographic aimed to, like the Go Girl. Just like the Go Girl, Damzl Fuel comes in a slender 12 ounce can, with the usual pink color and the repellent phrases. One thing I first noticed on the face of this can was the phrase "Not for Dudes" which explains to me a flavor perhaps not so exciting for men. The font appears to be tough, looking like it was spray painted on randomly. A calligraphy-like font is used to make out the name "Damzl Fuel" with a large "D" wearing a crown over it. This drink totally looks like it's not for me, I'm interested to find out.

The Damzl Fuel has a scent that reminds me most of the Rip It Chic line of drinks, and sort of like the Go Fast. Along with the aroma, Damzl Fuel's color is common, looking like a basic light red/dark orange. It seems to be a bit pink as well, but just not so much as it is red. Oh wow. I'm shocked by this flavor of lemon-lime and mixed berries such as strawberry, cherry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, and anything else you find in mixed berry. Taking large sips, I find it hard to belive this is a sugar-free drink for there's little artificial flavor and more natural berry and lemon-lime. It reminds me of Sprite infused with mixed berry, or perhaps that Sprite Remix that was discontinued a good 3 or 4 years ago. What I think contributes to me thinking this is most like Sprite is the carbonation, for it seems to have phosphoric acid, but as a matter of a fact, does not. About more than half way through that can, there's even less artificialness, and tastes like a regular energy drink, or soda, for that matter, and I could swear I taste HFCS or something along those lines. To top it off, the whole flavor is light, but much stronger than any sugar free energy drink I've tried, giving it a great score in my book. On gumminess, I have to say, it's pretty clean, which totally throws my idea of hidden HFCS out. Overall, I can't get enough of Damzl Fuel, and it has to be one of the best sugar free energy drinks I've reviewed thus far. It would be pretty embarrassing walking to the checkout line with a few of these in hand though...

On ingredients, Damzl Fuel contains standard sugar free ingredients including: water, citric acid, taurine, natural flavors, Super Citrimax, sodium hexametaphosphate, inositol, caffeine, Sucralose, Magnesium Oxide, niacin, and riboflavin. I haven't noticed too many drinks saying just 'water', than 'carbonated water', because I can assure you it was carbonated. Uh, what else, oh, Super Citrimax. You may not know what that is, but I know exactly what it is: an appetite suppressor. It's the same stuff I found in the Go Girl, and I'll tell you, it was really hard to find an appetite for a good 3 or 4 days; man, get ready to lose a few good pounds after drinking a can of this stuff, which is why I do not advise drinking even more than one of these. After explaining that, I am brought back to the demographics talk. Energy drink companies that target women make the drink low calories and sugar free, but they put in that Super Citrimax for the same reason: "Women need to look their best," quoting Damzl Fuel, Go Girl, and Rip It Chic. Per can, you get a small 5 calories and no sugar at all. After drinking that, I'm fascinated they can still keep it sugar free and low calorie, and I mean extremely low calorie. All in all, if I can locate some more Damzl Fuel, I can name it my go-to sugar free energy drink, and I know you will enjoy it the same. On kick, I have to say, my octane is high and I feel completely energized, although I have no clue how much caffeine in this, I can easily say it's equally well.

Taste: 8.6 - An insanely natural tasting lemon-lime wild berry, reminding me of lemon-lime soda infused with strawberry
Kick: 8.3 - Great kick lasting me, oh, about 3 or 4 hours with a basic crash at the end
Overall: 8.5 - Honestly, I'll find it hard to top a sugar free energy drink like this one

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"