Friday, February 27, 2009

Rehab Recovery Supplement


It's been a while since Chan and I have posted a proper review, so I was quick to pull out this -- the Rehab Recovery Supplement. At a glance, this appears to be your typical energy drink, but as I examined it more closely, I realized this stuff is the real deal, or at least it claims to be. Apparently it's made with powerful ingredients, but that's about as stirring as a drink made with "legitimate" ingredients; what less can you expect? This sleek can design consists of a solid, frosty, electric blue background and a cool, white, rounded label. Going up the can is the word "Rehab" with that fancy little (Rx) symbol and some more powerful words like "Refresh," "Recover," and "Revive." You can tell I'm not too faithful in the power of this drink, but I'm hoping I can be later after I feel the effects. So, apparently, Rehab is a great choice to those, well... going through Rehab. What kind? Rehab doesn't specify, but it's probably safe to assume drug abuse and alcoholism rehabilitation are what Rehab aims at assisting in. This has me wondering what you'll find in a drink that's supposed to help with alcoholism or drug abuse. Checking out the label, I find Rehab's got a pretty good energy blend going on with a solid dose of Caffeine and a few unusual supplements. The next question I feel I should ask is this: How is a drink like this going to make me feel besides energetic? What makes this drink so different from every other energy drink on the market? I'm about to find out.

As I take my first smell, I find something that reminds me vaguely of the Liquid Ice, not a drink I want to be reminded of. There comes an upfront orangey sweetness and some crystal clear sourness and great fruitiness surrounding it. The drink comes out of the can a nice clear peach-rose color that looks quite nice, though I'm a bit tired of it. In the cup, I smell a little bit more of that seemingly artificially sweet orange/tangerine that really cuts through. I find a bit of a surprise as I sip, when the flavor tastes a whole lot less like orange and more like white grape or something very light and delicate but rounded and sweet. It's not something I can see drinking leisurely out of a glass, but I can easily see myself slamming one of these down out of the handy tall 12oz cans they come in. After some more sips, I get that same Thunderbird white wine flavor, which seemed at first surprisingly sweet, but now starts to settle. It's a nice delicate flavor I'm quite enjoying, and I think it makes sense, considering this may be designed for people who may enjoy wine. After half a can, I'm fairly satisfied; the carbonation is nearly nonexistent, and the gumminess, though present, is insignificant. Now that I've tasted it, I'm eager to feel the boost.

Immediate results I can observe is a handy lift in mood which you don't always see with most energy drinks. And, naturally, I'm feeling some great energy that makes me just wanna get up and go run; you know that feeling of restlessness. However, I'm not feeling the side effects I sometimes get from Caffeine, which is shortness of breath and nervousness. For that, I'm glad because it means an enjoyable and leisurely kick.

Rehab's ingredients include: Carbonated Water, Fructose, Sugar, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Calcium Chloride, Caffeine, Elderberry Extract Concentrate (color), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Potassium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Green Tea Extract 90% Polyphenols, Niacinimide (B3), Calcium Pantothenate (B5), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Guarana Seed Extract, Coenzyme Q10, Cyanocobalamin (B12). In terms of amounts, Rehab contains a handy 120mg of Caffeine, 60mg of Green Tea Polyphenols, 46mg of Catechins, which are antioxidants, 37mg of Ginseng, 37mg of Guarana, and 3mg of CoQ10. What I notice is Rehab isn't intense on the energy front, but does very well at giving vitality, with CoQ10 and those antioxidants. CoQ10, if you don't know, is a natural enzyme produced in the body that's essential for the functioning of the body's cells. After drinking this, I definitely felt increased vitality, improved mood, and a nice perk you don't always get from a typical energy drink. I was wide awake, not jittery, and most importantly -- very vital. Overall, I'm very satisfied with Rehab, and I'd recommend it far more than any typical energy drink because of it's fantastic yet not "over-the-top" kick.

*And, I now know Rehab is not, in fact, meant for true rehabilitation, as I found on their very handy website: http://www.liquidrehab.com/

Taste: 8.4 - A quite enjoyable white grape flavor if you're basically into anything sweet
Kick: 9.2 - Like it says, Rehab revives, and that's what I love about it
Overall: 8.7 - I'd say this is definitely a drink to stock up on

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"