Monday, July 28, 2008

Playboy


Ha. Simple as that, ha. You can't go anywhere without seeing your favorite company making an energy drink. A 7-11 outside of town payed off when I spotted the Playboy and the Playboy Sugar Free; I knew immediately I couldn't hold up on grabbing a couple of these. It's not priority to review this one now, but my buddy really wanted me to check it out and tell me what he thought of it. I also for a fact that this wouldn't just be any energy drink, but one with impulsing ingredients such as Horny Goat Weed, Damiana Leaf, and Schisandra extract, exciting. It's been awhile since I've reviewed an 8.4 ounce can, so I for me, it's looking kind of small; I really wish I had this in 16 ounces. It's early afternoon and I'm in dire need of some massive energy, I hope this one can deliver what I need, in terms of some jitteriness, or perhaps even focus. The flavor, I'm predicting, is going be a Monster Clone, or possibly a citrus flavor, hinting at the Bunny outlined in a orange-yellow color. Words are surrounding the bunny like stimulate, inspire, vitalize, rush, exhilarate, ignite, and intense in hard to read dark gray font. I'm going to wrap this one up and crack this small can open.

As I'm looking forward to the scent of the energy drink, I need a second to calm down. Okay, it's opened up and was a bit upset with the strong Deton 8 and Monster scent, with just a bit of Red Bull aroma mixed in. The color is an expectant golden amber and light brown, with just a bit of fizziness. The flavor is actually smooth and creamy Monster flavor with a lot of satisfying herbaceous flavor mixed in with it as well. If you can imagine the flavor of the Joker and mixing in some herbs like the Horny Goat Weed, you got the playboy flavor. The flavor also reminds of the Red Bull as well, but much more flavor, nearly ranking up there with the Monster and the Joker in the Best Taste List. The aftertaste is a bit like heavy whipping cream, you know milky and sweet. It's carbonation is about the same as the Monster's carbonation, light yet perfect for the flavor that goes along with it. I'm wondering why it's not gummy, so I take a peek at the ingredients list to see a pleasant sucrose and glucose, very nicely sweetened. However the true test of sweeteners is if it has Sucralose or not, and this one does, too bad. Oh well, it's an insane energy drink for a Monster Clone, perhaps one of the best I've reviewed yet. This just goes to show even the companies like Playboy sure know how to make a darn tasty energy drink.

The ingredients list show carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, sodium citrate, caramel color, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sucralose, and yellow 5. The Proprietary Blend is caffeine, taurine, Horny Goat weed, Panax Ginseng, Guarana, Damiana, Glucuronolactione, inositol, L-Carnitine, Schisandra Extract. Per can, you get 120 calories 30g of sugar. It's sure not a Monster Clone if it has 30g of sugar per serving, way to sweet to be one as well as 120 calories. Well, I guess it's sweet because of that creamy and sweet aftertaste. The individual energy ingredient count is undisclosed, but all together, there's 1.6 of energy ingredients in all, you know the caffeine and taurine and all that. I guess the ingredients are pretty weak, that disappoints me, that probably means I'm not going to get the energy kick I need right now. I take that back, after revisiting this paragraph 10 minutes later, the kick is really good. Overall, Playboy put the best twist on their Monster Clone I've ever tried, I'd definitely buy this one again, and I recommend you do to!

Taste: 8.6 - An insane twist on a Red Bull/Monster Clone, perhaps one of the best
Kick: 8.5 - The kick was pretty explosive, with 1.6g of many energy ingredients
Overall: 8.6 - Hey, if you can find one of these, go ahead, don't be afraid to pick one up

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"