Friday, April 11, 2008

Nitro2Go Firepower Extreme


I'm back, finally, after my Nos review and a mild cold. Now, I'm feeling much better and I'm ready to review yet another drink. This time, it's a Nitro2Go Firepower Extreme, and boy, these guys mean business. The background of the can is a raging inferno and the words Firepower and Extreme are bold and big. Below, it reads, "A Powerful Blast of Vitamins and Herbs," so I know to look for some kind of special plant or additive. I've had a Nitro2Go before, namely, the Nitro2Go Firepower Unleashed. I'm expecting something similar, maybe with a greater kick. I can only find out by taking a drink.

The smell surprised me. It's moderately herbal, I would say, with subtle fruit mixed in. It doesn't seem to be very potent and I have to take a sip to better figure out the flavor. I poured the drink out and the color didn't surprise me, being the popular amber-gold color that many drinks are. The flavor isn't very surprising, either, being plainly sweet and nothing else. It's such a shame that there are 26g of sugar in the drink, yet no flavor. Even though the taste is sub-par, the flavor is still quite addicting. I feel a little guilty for drinking this. It just seems like a load of sugar because there's no flavor. I can detect not a trace of herbs, as I had suspected there would be. The flavor is just disappointing. I doubt the kick will make up for the taste.

In the drink: Filtered Water, HFCS, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Natural (Yeah, right) and Artificial Flavor, Caramel Color, Taurine, Caffeine, Ginseng Extract, Guarana Extract, Niacin, and a whole array of other minute ingredients. It's pretty lame; the amounts of the energy ingredients must be extremely little because they're not listed. And they're not very high up in the ingredients; Taurine is #7, below Caramel Color and HFCS. Overall, it's just a sad and lame drink with a misrepresentative cover. The Monster is more potent and flavorful than this and doesn't brag with the words "extreme" and "powerful blast." This drink phails.

Taste: 2 - Tastes like... sugar
Kick: 3 - Just like having spoonfuls of sugar
Overall: 2 - Skip this one; it's just sugar in a can

Reviewed by: Sugar... I mean, Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"