Friday, April 4, 2008

Ace Energy+Juice

After yet another trip to the dollar store, I brought back the Ace Energy+Juice. I've been wanting to try this since I tested the original Ace, which I found too sugary. I'm hoping this one will make up for it. The can's pretty nice, being orange and sporting a vintage military look. On the front, there's a military nurse posing in front of two cards. I've heard great things about this one, and I don't want to waste too much time introducing the drink. I wanna get to taste it.

Pop went the can after the can-opening ritual and I got an aroma similar to the regular Ace and the Monster. It's got pear, apple, and cinnamon, like the Monster, but with some interesting tropical fruit. I know from the back of the can that there is mango, pineapple, and passionfruit juice, and when I really focus on the flavor, I can taste all three. The pineapple and some sweetness comes first and then the mango replaces it. The aftertaste is just sweet, and I can't tell for sure where the passionfruit comes in, but it's in there somewhere. Overall, the flavor is very pleasing and very addicting, and similar to the Monster Khaos. I would have this drink anyday.

Now, looking at the ingredients...
There's the standard 2500mg of the Energy Blend of Glucose, Caffeine, Cuarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, and Maltodextrin. There's also the normal amount of 1000mg of Taurine per serving and the regular vitamins. There's 26g of sugar per serving; quite a lot, but it's not as bad as some other drinks, like the Amps. Right now, I've got a respectable amount of energy, and I'm surely more awake and alert than before. This might be my go-to drink from the dollar store. For one dollar, you can't beat the value.

Taste: 7.5 - Very smooth and exotic tasting drink
Kick: 7 - I have a respectable amount of energy and I'm surely more alert
Overall: 8 - At one buck, it's worth every cent

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"