Sunday, May 4, 2008

Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt Cherry Charge


Hey, I just wanted to give you all a heads up that we will be having many reviews coming in for the next few weeks, so get ready. This time, I found one of Steven Seagal's drink, the Cherry Charge. If you read the review before this one, you see that Jeff reviewed the Steven Seagal's Asian Experience. I, myself, tried it, and thought that it wasn't so good, so did Jeff. This drink has an unfamiliar Chinese word, surrounded by red lightning bolts red abstract stripes. The background is pitch black and at the bottom, I see Steven Seagal himself, next to a quote said by him. I am predicting a mild cherry taste, with possibly a hint of cane sugar or molasses. I, personally love cherry, so I hope this one will be good, tasty, energizing, and a winner.

Cherry Charge has a strong cherry scent, with some cane sugar aroma mixed in with it. This Cherry drink comes out of the can a dark pink, or light red color, almost like maraschino cherries. The color reminds me of pomegranate, or possibly even strawberry. It's flavor seems to be that of a maraschino cherry and molasses, or cane sugar. As it first hits the tongue, you get a sweet molasses taste. It then fades away with a warm maraschino taste that wants you to come back for more. I can taste trace amounts of green tea, yerba mate, and some goji berry, which is probably found in the drink to make it more natural tasting. The aftertaste is similar to cane sugar, you know, the ones that you can pick and eat. It's very mild and smooth, so it doesn't bug me at all. Luckily, there is no gumminess whatsoever, so I think this is one drink that is most try because of its unique taste. The Cherry Charge calls for extremely light carbonation that compliments the cherry flavor and gives it a boost, or a sharp bite. Overall, this is one drink you must try, although by the end of the drink, the flavor kinda overwhelmed me and forced me to take smaller sips, less frequently.

Now for the ingredients. Evaporated organic cane juice is not common in most energy drinks. However, Steven Seagal's drinks and FRS Energy drinks contain them. Basically, it's organic sugar, or cane sugar, which is found growing in tropical areas. Next, I see tonic blend which is natural caffeine, guarana extract, green tea extract, goji berry extract, cordyceps, yerba mate, American ginseng, and ginkgo biloba. I don't know, but to me, that is a true blend that should only be placed in certain drinks, only natural. Following that, I see natural flavors, not artificial flavors. Per can, you get 240 calories and 58g of sugar. The calorie count is about average for you every day energy drink out on the market, and 58g of sugar isn't too bad for an energy drink either. Steven Seagal sure knows what to put in an energy drink, but does he know how to make it right?

Taste: 7.5 - It had a great taste, but it was too much and too sweet for me
Kick: 8 - It has an average kick, I'd say
Overall: 7.5 - A unique drink, but barely passable

Reviewed by: Chan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is not a real review this is obviously Steven Seagal trying to market his own product. This is the worst energy drink ever.

Canned Reviewer said...

You're right, Steven Seagal does need some publicity, but hey, they aren't that bad. I found them at a Wal-Mart, maybe you should find one and try. Then tell me how bad it is. I don't catch what you're saying, this is a real review, follow up please.

-Chan

Virj said...

I thought it was very good...one of the only ones that doesn't have benzene and citric acid also( found to cause cancer when combined ) - most pop drinks have those two toxins...
I've cut back on all energy drinks but when I do want one I prefer this one...the blue one had to grow on me but now I like it too. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them anymore at Walmart...

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"