Monday, July 21, 2008

No Fear Motherload


Ah, yes, I really did need to get this energy drink. I've been hearing so much talk about it and just couldn't resist. I had just a bit of trouble locating one to take home and review, but I finally found one at a local Gas Station, no problem. I've been waiting awhile to review it, only because it was pretty far back, on the line of energy drinks to review. I'm guessing a lemon-lime flavor, hinting at the can color and the tab, being lime-green. I'm not positive, but I'm getting thoughts that this is just a regular No Fear, just with three times the daily amount of vitamins. Well, I want to find out soon enough, and I will. The can design is pretty neat looking having a skull with black wings outlined in that same lime-green hue. No Fear is also printed in that trademark font, outlined in that green color as well as "Super Energy." Now I don't know about you, but I have seen so many energy drink companies label their can with terms like "Super Energy" or "High Energy Boost" yet they don't deliver that needed energy it promises. I hope No Fear can live up to their phrase and deliver an awesome kick and taste. I'm ready to be Motherloaded, let's go!

I popped open the bright lime-green tab to get a nice peach, grapefruit, lime, and an intense guava aroma, just like a stronger version of the Kronik. It comes out a translucent yellow-orange color, a bit darker than the Kronik, and more tropical. The flavor is extremely tasty having a sweet guava flavor with an intense grapefruit and a light lime/peach flavor. It tastes like the Kronik, but way more tropical and with an in-your-face flavor that begs you to down it. Obviously, this is way better than the Kronik, I think; it's more potent and frankly is crisper, although it contains HFCS. As much as I enjoyed the Kronik, this drink for sure tops it, with a tropical flavor, and much less carbonation. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming boost, because it has three times as many vitamins you are supposed to get daily. Like I said earlier, the carbonation is really light, perhaps the lightest I've had in quite a few energy drinks. I'm also pretty surprised to get no gumminess, which I'd believe I would due to the intense flavors and the high fructose corn syrup combination. Overall, I really liked No Fear's twist on their energy drink, as well as their sweet energy blend put into the drink, and the amount they put in. All I can say to No Fear is great job.

It has carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, taurine, caffeine, inositol, gum arabic, Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin, ginseng, guarana, and caramel color. First off, the high fructose corn syrup is okay in this energy beverage because it's not really that dull and contains not that much gumminess, allowing an enjoyable drinking time. Next, the Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin once again helps knock out that intensive gumminess found in most other energy drinks. I'm pretty surprised that this energy drink contains caramel color, only because I found a yellow-orange color, rather than a golden amber color. Per can, it's got 260 calories and a psychotic 68g of sugar. It seems like energy drinks nowadays are filled with more and more sugar, although it's not necessary. The calorie amount isn't great either, but whatever, I think it's worth it. Why is this drink called the Motherload? The answer: 300% daily value of vitamins B6, B12, and C, pretty insane huh? It has 360mg of Vitamin C, 12mg of Vitamin B6, and 36mcg of Vitmin B12. After everything, I was thoroughly impressed with the No Fear Motherload, perhaps the best No Fear, and the best guava-grapefruit combination I've ever tried. One thing to know: this drink went pretty fast, I advise you get two!

Taste: 9 - An awesome tropical blend, reminding me of vacationing in a tropic area
Kick: 8 - The kick is okay, but I really enjoy the extra vitamin boost
Overall: 8.5 - It's a great energy drink, also real good for you

Reviewed by: Chan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

motherload is great boost but hard to find. you would think pepsi would get more on the shelf

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"