Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Joker Mad Energy+Juice


It's been a long time since I got this. I've been neglecting it, but I don't see why I should, considering this is a Joker. Chan and I have always prized the Joker energy drinks, even before we knew how amazing and flavorful they were. The first Joker, the regular, was like a much more flavorful and crisp Monster. The second, the Joker Lo-Carb, was a clone of the Monster Lo-Carb, but also ramped up on flavor. So naturally, I think it should make sense for this to be extremely flavorful as well. The question is, "How does this relate to a Monster flavor?" Since all these Monster clones have been at least similar to the different Monster flavors, I'm wondering what a juice Monster clone has to offer. Perhaps it's a clone of the Khaos. Less likely, it could be a clone of the M-80. I'm going to find out.

I popped the can open, a sound I've missed. The first whiff I get is reminiscent of the Lost 5-0, with nice peachy mango-tangerine juice, but also that characteristic underlying Monster flavor. The smell has extreme depth which is simply amazing and that's very, very hard to find in many drinks. I believe this drink also may contain some white grape, that gives it a nice, smooth, tanginess. As it turns out, I'm absolutely right, without peeking at the ingredients. The fruit juices in here include apple, orange, pear, peach, tangerine, pineapple, and white grape. Out of those fruit juices, I can easily taste the tangering, white grape, orange and the very sour pineapple. I forgot to mention, the color is half-opaque peachy-orange, which is about what you'd expect from this sort of juice. I don't totally see how the apple and pear make a big difference, since they make short and hardly noticable appearances. My guess is they're fillers in a way. In terms of gumminess, this thing is a breeze and the carbonation is fine and comfortable. The only thing holding this back is that pleasantly painful sourness from the pineapple, I'm guessing. That'll be the only thing that probably bothers most people, since I know many people aren't used to sour drinks. If you think a Monster is sour, trust me, this is going to be unbearable.

With a Monster, or at least a drink made by Monster, you can always expect the most awesome kick. I'm not kidding. Some drinks may simply give you energy and/or focus. Monster goes so far with the kick, it's like a transformation from boring to insane. So what causes this sort of amazing boost? Well, I thought, since this is a Monster clone, that the energy ingredients would be slightly less than that of a Monster. Nope, that may be true for the Aces, but Joker stays true the the Monster recipe, with 2500mg per serving, 5000 total of the energy blend: Glucose, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, and Maltodextrin. Added to that, there's 2000mg total of Taurine and 200mg of Panax Ginseng. Then there are the vitamins: A, C, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6 and B12. The only sad thing is that the B Vitamins are in 100% amounts per serving, while C and A are not. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing presumably the lamest drink ever, the Rush! Lite, having more vitamins. That's the only bad thing about this, but otherwise, it's a total slam dunk. I'd recommend this to hardcore energy drink junkies, but not so much to average drinkers. You won't like the sourness.

Taste: 8.3 - Very deep, fruity, sour taste
Kick: 9.3 - Hardcore kick, man
Overall: 9.1 - Hard to beat this one

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"