Friday, May 9, 2008

...Lost Cadillac


I was surprised one day to see this in my fridge, the Lost Cadillac. I absolutely love the can design, with the bold LOST and the great green textured background. I'm not sure just how they got the rights to use the name "Cadillac," but they did, and it's on the can, in fancy cursive. At the top, it reads "Cantina Cocktail," a hint, along with the explanation on the back, to it's margarita flavor. I've heard that it's quite good and am expecting a taste like alcohol, though there is none actually in the drink. I'm not sure what else to say. I'm gonna get reviewing.

I opened the can to my dramatic background music. When I smelled it, I noticed a crazy wang like rum. Wild! They really did an amazing job of recreating the margarita taste, being very lime and rum-tasting. I'm only guessing this is rum, since I've never had it, but I bet it is because I know it comes from sugar cane. It's something that makes me want to keep taking sips, really getting into the flavor. I've never had anything like it. After a while I really warmed up to this drink and it totally appealed to me. There's close to no gumminess and the carbonation is just right, being minimal and just enough to give the drink some nice texture. This isn't one to chug though. The unusual taste will restrict you to small sips, allowing you to examine and really absorb the flavor. I like it, but I wish I would warm up to it sooner, rather than towards the end of the can. I've got to shake these things.

I came back from a sort of gathering in the area and had a great time, completely energized and totally aware and capable. I felt like running around like crazy and that is just what I did. The amounts of the energy ingredients in here really surprised me and pleased me. 2500mg per serving of the Energy Blend, which includes L-Carnitine, Glucose, Panax Ginseng, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, and Maltodextrin. Along with that is 2000mg total of Taurine. All of that is what gave me that insane and seemingly never-ending boost. I loved the flavor and it wasn't too sweet, with 22g of sugar per serving, and 44 total. Compare that to a Monster's 27, and Amp's 29. I loved it and it was a great and unusual energy drink to have after a period of no drinks.

Taste: 7.8 - Unusual and exotic
Kick: 8 - Really great; I was totally hyper
Overall: 7.8 - Great one to try if you're into Margaritas

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"