Saturday, August 23, 2008

WWE Raw Attitude


I knew for a fact when I picked out the two flavors of Socko's WWE Raw Attitude line of energy drinks I was in for an explosive flavor and a dynamic kick to go along with it. Unfortunately, the Slammin' Citrus was a slight disappointment because there wasn't enough sugar to go along with the smooth citrus flavor and it made it just too light and unenjoyable. Aside from that, I must say the flavor was more on the refreshing side, which is only good if you're craving an energy drink after something tiring, but for me, I wanted something extreme. Who knows? Maybe the original flavor of WWE Raw will bring the flavors I'm craving right now. This reminds me to take a glance at the back of the can to find out how sweet it will actually be; disappointing, the same amount of sugar as the Slammin' Citrus, 24g per serving. Okay, so the flavor will most likely be pretty light, but little Monster Clones have I seen that have that low of an amount of sugar. the can design is awesome, I think. It's a plain white background with staggered black lines all pointing to the direction of Socko's trademark logo, as if it's something epic. There's a tough set of different logos used above that in different fonts like, "W", "Raw", and "Attitude." Everything on the face of the can seems to compliment the general can design pretty nicely.

As I'm expecting a Monster Clone with this energy drink, I am proven wrong with a sugary sweet grapefruit flavor, with noticeable citrus and peach. WWE Raw Attitude comes out with a color similar to a Monster, but more fluorescent and with a bit more orange-yellow color. It's flavor seems to be almost similar to it's citrus friend, "Slammin' Citrus", but with less citrus flavor and more peach and a bit more grapefruit. When I first tried it, I wasn't very pleased at all because of the diluted grapefruit flavor, but it certainly is refreshing, not what I was expecting at all. Usually, 'mean' organizations, like WWE, would make flavors that really are mean, in terms of a strong flavor and an intense kick. After about half way through the can, I can easily feel a great kick, most likely from the yerba mate/damiana combination in the can. I'm enjoying this drink slowly and there's no problem because I can't find any traces of Sucralose nor any HFCS. As for carbonation, it's moderate, but it doesn't get in the way throughout the process of enjoyment. Since I find sucrose, it's not gummy, nor is it artificial, I like this drink. Overall, it's extremely crisp, and enjoyable, but if you're looking for a mean taste, the whole line of WWE energy drinks are not for you. If you're looking for something that's relaxing after a series of exercises or a just long day.

As for ingredients, I was surprised to see what I saw in one can of Raw energy. There's carbonated water, sucrose, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sodium citrate, yellow #6, caffeine, taurine, Horny Goat Weed, ginseng, guarana, Damiana, yerba mate, glucuronolactone, inositol, and B Vitamins. These energy ingredients that sound unfamiliar are just in here to give an extra boost, hence making the kick even better. Per can, you only get 180 calories, 48g of sugar, 160mg of caffeine, and 2000mg of taurine. For such a light flavor, I really wasn't expecting more than 180 calories as well as 48g of sugar. If you want an energy drink with nearly as much calories and nearly as many grams of sugar, but with tons more flavor, stick with a Monster over this one. There's one objection I believe in, and that's the kick this energy drink gave. I can tell you, I'd prefer this over Monster any day, but only if it came down to kick. All the other flavors you see in here make up for the nearly poor amount of caffeine, so I wouldn't freak out if you only see 160mg without reading everything else you see in a can of these babies. Well, after everything, I can't say I was impressed with the flavor, but I can easily say I enjoyed the solid 4 hour boost it provided for me.

Taste: 7 - The flavor is a diluted grapefruit and just a bit of peach flavouring if you think hard about it
Kick: 8.5 - Nice kick, very nice kick
Overall: 8 - Here's an idea: after a tiring day, don't grab a Gatorade for refreshment, grab one of these, plus you get the mean kick provided in every can!

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"