Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rockstar Juiced

Here I am, writing up another review. This time (and I swear, this is the last of the month), I've got a 16oz Rockstar Juiced. The can's pretty slick with the orange diamond plating behind the normal Rockstar logo. I'm eager to try it because of the tropical fruit flavors and the 150mg per serving of Ginkgo Biloba Leaf extract that last time, in the Rockstar Roasted, gave me some intense concentration. I just can't wait to open it.

After my dramatic can-opening ritual, I came up close for a sniff. The smell confused me a bit, because at first, I thought the mango smelled like acetone, or nail polish. When you smell it, mango really takes center stage, with the passion fruit and the orange coming in after. I poured the drink out, and my eyes became fixated on a cloudy, yellow-orange liquid. When it entered my mouth, I was hit with some bitterness before it got to the mango and flowery passion fruit. It's not exactly irresistible, but I'm hoping to find a groove somewhere in the drink. It seems also that there's not quite enough sweetness to carry the flavor of the fruit, and there's a large amount of carbonation making me burp more than I'd like. The only thing to look forward to now is a big boost and some crazy concentration, I guess.

For the drink's energy ingredients, there are 2000mg of Taurine per can, 160mg of Caffeine, 50mg each of Guarana, Inositol, L-Carnitine, and Panax Ginseng. With that, I see 300mg total of Ginkgo Biloba, and 40mg of Milk Thistle Extract thrown in. I'm glad it's sweetened with Sucrose and Glucose instead of HFCS, but it doesn't seem to make a large difference, considering the whole thing still tastes dull. I suppose this one is worth it if you're looking for concentration, but the flavor makes me sick and just isn't that special. I would much rather have the Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate; it was much better tasting and the best thing is it was in a 24oz can for just 99 cents. It's just a much better value than this disappointing Rockstar Juiced.

Taste: 4 - Boring, and tasted a little nasty, like acetone
Kick: 5 - Fine, but not worth drinking the whole can
Overall: 3 - My recommendation: get the Rockstar Pomegranate instead

Reviewed by: Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i drink this exclusively.I have been told repeatedly by inviduals independent of eachother that this smells exactly like cat pee/spray.Ive heard it so much i was shocked to find no reference to this on the internet.Could anyone that has had a similar impression please respond.punkaos@hotmail.com

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"