Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Max Velocity Uncaged


Hey, I have the second of four Max Velocity products out on the market. I purchased this drink along with the original Max Velocity, reviewed earlier in the day. By the way, I got this drink for $1.50 at Albertson's. They have a great selection there, so I do advise you to shop there for energy drinks. I am eager to drink this because its can design caught me. It contains a speeding cheetah with a glossy yellow background consisting of random orange lines. I predict that this will taste more exotic and fruity than the original I really enjoyed the first Max Velocity, so I know this one will be just as good, if not better. So, here I go.

After the dramatic can opening ritual, I pop open the can and go up close for a sniff. I am greeted by a bold citrus scent, similar to the Bookoo Zero Carb, or the Rip It Citrus X. However, the color opposed. When it comes out of the can, I get an opaque lemon-yellow color. To me, this company differs than the other energy drink companies out there. My taste buds are met with a thick citrus taste, with a slight hint of orange. I really have not tried a thick drink before, but I like it. The citrus is strong as it first hits you, but then fades away a light orange flavor. This drink, however, has a lot of carbonation, so it is really tough to chug. This drink gets really strong, after a few ounces, so take it easy on this one. I enjoy how this drink, too, contains minimal gumminess, for pleasurable drinking. However, towards the end of the drink, I noticed more of a passion fruit-like flavor, consisting of: pineapple, mango, a bit of lemon, and a hint of berry. To me, the flavor was unique, almost like the taste changed every sip. Overall, this one was pretty good, a bit strong and overpowering, but I got used to it.

Now the ingredients. Like the original Max Velocity, this drink contains HFCS, An added sweetener made from corn, which makes the drink a bit dull. After that comes taurine, which isn't proven to have an affect, but is placed in energy drinks for "energy." This drink contains artificial and natural flavors. I think Max Velocity is a great company because they make it so can actually taste the natural flavors. I think the citrus was pretty natural, but the orange, to me, was quite artificial. Per can, you get 240 calories, which is slightly above average, as well as 62g of sugar. I honestly don't think 62g is suitable for an energy drink. As you observe in many other energy drinks, you get an average of about 52-55g, per can. It doesn't list the amount of taurine, but I assume it's about 2,000mg, like most others. I feel like this drink hasn't given me much energy, so it's kinda just made for taste. You can get this drink, but it won't really have an affect on you, other than a brief "sugar high."

Taste: 7.5 - I enjoyed its fruity taste
Kick: 7 - Not too much right now...
Overall: 7 - It was good, not worthy of one of the best, though

Reviewed by: Chan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just picked up max velocity uncaged sugar free. It was on sale for $1 at alberstons. I always stayed away from max velocity and always went for the "big name" drink.

Price is the cheapest I've found.

The taste is the best I've tried out of monster,red bull, rockstar, and sobe.

It definitely got me juiced up. I am pretty jittery rite now.

Taste and price wise, I enjoyed it alot. The energy it gave me was a bit much than what i enjoy. Usually, reg bull has given me just the rite amount of energy. Not too jittery of a feeling. overall though, I'll be picking up max velocity from now on.

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"