Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jetset Original


A trip to a local BevMo really payed off because there, you'll find the whole Jetset collection, as well as many other interesting energy drinks. Along with the Bawls Guarana, I got the Jetset original, then hurried home with eagerness. This Jetset has a trippy bulls eye type red background with the words Jetset energy original vertically across the odd 10.5 ounce can. I got this drink wondering if it's 8 ounces or 12 ounces, I was very confused until a scan around the can revealed a 10.5 ounce label. I noticed some clocks at the top of the can,showing the time of places around the world, such as San Francisco, Rome, Chicago, New York, Rio, Las Vegas, London, Tokyo, and Miami. I'm not too sure what to expect in this drink, possibly a basic apple raspberry, with some tartness. Just for kicks, I'll tell you that Jetset's motto is "Mile High Energy" so I may be getting a boost that'll send me a 'mile high'. I'm afraid this paragraph is a bit short, but oh well, it's fine.

I open the can quickly to get a usual apple raspberry aroma, and now I feel a bit disappointed because I would think Jetset would break away from that mainstream flavor and mix it up. I pour it into my glass cup only to notice a deep amber color, much deeper than a Monster. Because it's a mixer I'll excuse it's light Red Bull-like taste. Jetset Original's got a sweet apple-raspberry flavor, like Monster but a whole lot sweeter. It fades away in the mouth really quickly, but leaves with an addicting milky fruit taste. I can tell you that if you buy Jetset original, buy two because it goes really fast. I'm reminiscing the flavor to be that of the Hype and the Hype MFP, because it's got that light apple taste with a sweet vanilla aftertaste. Although it's not surprisingly carbonated, I recommend you do not chug this drink because it's flavor is really smooth and mild. Jetset does give a nasty gummy taste that lingers, but it doesn't get in the way too much. Overall, Jetset really isn't one to get if your in need of a tasty energy drink, but if you want a great mixer, Jetset's line of energy mixers are for you.

As for ingredients, Jetset has carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup (That's why it had a slightly dull taste), glucose, taurine, caffeine, natural and artificial flavors, guarana, ginseng, B vitamins, caramel color, and riboflavin, I'm pretty sure more people would like this drink better if it was sweetened with sucrose and glucose, like a Monster, or Red Bull. Per 10.5 ounce can, you get a decent 105 calories, and only 25g of sugar. You can really taste a lot of sweetness in this drink but then there's only 25g of sugar, how odd. Jetset gives only 1000mg of taurine, but a flaming 120mg of caffeine. So, if this drink were in a 16 ounce can, it would have around 180-200mg, pretty awesome kick! Jetset original really didn't impress me as much as I thought it wold, but it had a decent taste by itself. If you find one of these, I say you should mix it with another beverage, such as Gatorade, or fruit juice, if you're not an alcohol fan. Overall, it tasted like a lamer version of the Hype, but an improved version of the Red Bull, or Rockstar. Unless you're gonna mix the Jetset, don't buy it.

Taste: 7.1 - It got boring towards the end of the drink... now I see why its only 10.5 ounces
Kick: 7 - A standard energy drink kick, nothing that would send you a mile high
Overall: 7 - Jetset didn't amaze me like I thought it would

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"