Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bite Me Energy


A couple of our bros notified us about a drink we'd never reviewed, and very graciously saved us a couple of cans. Here I have Bite Me Energy, which seems to be some of the damn tastiest stuff we've come across in a while, or so says Chan. From all of my bros, I've heard that this is one of the greatest Monster clones around. The front of the can reads "energy with attitude" and "warning extremely potent." Bite Me definitely wants to give the impression that this is a serious energy concoction. A few things I like about this right from the get-go are the graphics on the front reading "Energy with Attitude" and "Warning Extremely Potent!" Also, across the top it reads "Chill Me, Lick Me, Bite Me!" I'm not really sure what this means. Anyway, I'm trying this chilled and over ice.

The smell from the can strikes me as syrupy and less fruity than I had expected. A sip from the can delights me because not only is the taste quite palatable but because the drink isn't too sweet, just as I was expecting. Often times, I've felt let down by drinks with a good flavor that are much too sweet. As for the flavor, it's tart and quite delectable, but not easily discernable. Much like a Monster, the flavor isn't easy to tell, but it is tasty so I would call this a Monster clone. Its differences include more tartness, less sweetness, and a slightly more chalky flavor. It's a nice take on the Monster clone, though I'm at a loss for words when it comes to describing the taste. It don't recognize any familiar flavors, really; all I can make out is vanilla with some kind of crisp, fruity backdrop. It's an easy drink to enjoy and it leaves quickly.

Bite Me's ingredients list: Carbonated Water, Sugar, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Fruit and Vegetable Juice (For Color), Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Caffeine, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Niacinimide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Calcium Pantothenate, and Cyanocobalamin. The reason for the moderate sweetness I mentioned is that Bite Me contains only 25g of sugar per serving. That's 2-6 grams less than most drinks, and in my opinion it makes Bite Me much easier to down. As for the energy blend, there are 160mg total of Caffeine, a strong dose, 1000mg of Taurine, 300mg of Glucuronolactone, 50mg of Inositol, and a short stack of B-Vitamins. I'm not exactly sure where this stands next to a Monster supplement-wise, but I do know that it's a bit more caffeine-heavy, with 160mg where Monster has around 140. I can't say much about the boost. It was definitely there; I felt energetic and ready to do anything. The one thing that irked me was how dehydrated I felt from the Caffeine, but that is to be expected from any source of caffeine. In the end, I'm very happy with Bite Me, mostly because of a clean taste and good sweetness level.

Taste: 8.8 - One of the best-tasting energy drinks I've come across recently
Kick: 7.8 - Gets you energized and ready to do pretty much anything
Overall: 8.7 - Easy drink to enjoy anytime

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"