Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rip It A'tomic Pom


I received this drink as sort of a gift, if you will, from my uncle. I have heard great praise from this drink and I thought I would never, ever get my hands on one of them. If you have seen my Rip It Citrus X review, you know that Rip It has the capability to blow my mind with some great drinks, so I know that this will be pretty good. A'tomic Pom has a dark cranberry red color background, or a glossy pomegranate color. In front of that, I see the words "Rip It Energy Fuel" with white stakes spreading out from the words. Odd enough, I see the words "A'tomic Pom" in very small font at the way bottom of the can. I am predicting a smooth pomegranate flavor, with some natural sweetness added in. I am so curious about this drink, I just can't write anymore, so here it goes.

Rip It A'tomic Pom has a deep, pomegranate aroma, with a bit of floweriness mixed in. However, it seems somewhat familiar. Oh, I remember now, the Rockstar Juiced Pomegranate; I haven't had it in awhile, but I remember it. This Rip It has a dark rosy-red color, similar to wine, but a bit darker. As I poured it in, I didn't notice a lot of fizziness, so I'm pretty pleased about that. Wow, what a drink. First, as it hits my mouth, I get a light pomegranate flavor, with hardly any carbonation. As it fades away, I get a sweet grenadine-like taste. Grenadine is a thick, syrupy substance made from pomegranate and sugar. Unlike many other drinks, this one goes from just okay, to really tasty. The pomegranate, as many would say, is a bit artificial and doesn't really appeal to me, but it's acceptable. The aftertaste, is a genuine grenadine flavor, that's pretty tasty and leaves me holding the can to my mouth. Like I mentioned earlier, this drink contains minimal carbonation, and makes it easier to drink and enjoy. As well as minimal carbonation, I get minimal gumminess, which I am pleased about, and just makes this drink a lot better. Overall, this drink is worthy of the Best Taste List because of its genuine taste and unique flavor.

Rip It is known to have some weird ingredients, just like Amp does. This one has carbonated water, and then high fructose corn syrup. Surprisingly, this drink is not that gummy at all, so maybe the HFCS doesn't contribute to the gumminess in this one. Other than that, this drink has pretty basic ingredients: natural flavors, citric acid, maltodextrin, sodium benzoate, gum acacia. Per can, you get 260 calories, most likely due to the sugary grenadine aftertaste. You also get about 66g of sugar, pretty much above average, but it's worth it in this drink. You get 2,000mg of taurine, per can, as well as 204mg of caffeine, that should keep anyone awake for awhile! I really enjoyed this drink; it's probably the best drink I've had in many weeks, and most likely the best I will have for awhile.

Taste: 9.2 - It had an amazing taste, almost too good for me
Kick: 9.5 - with that much caffeine, I get a large kick
Overall: 9.4 - It was just...incredible

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"