Tuesday, July 8, 2008

DareDevil


It's always a good idea when we spot a Big! Lots, to stop in. We can always be pretty sure to find lots of BooKoos and Jolts, but more importantly, there are usually some lesser know energy drinks, like the Red Jak Chan reviewed, and this, the DareDevil, which I could not believe I found. The name "DareDevil" raises so many questions about this drink. I cannot imagine what the taste may be, but I have reason to believe it'll be good because this drink does not contain HFCS. Thankfully, this drink is sweetened by good 'ol sucrose, and just a pinch of Splenda, or sucralose. Also, I know this is going to provide some serious kick. It contains great energy ingredients like Inositol, Milk Thistle, L-Carnitine, and Ginkgo Biloba, which is undoubtedly going to deliver some sick focus. I cannot wait to tear this baby open.

I didn't know what to expect from DareDevil, and when I opened it, I got a perhaps pear or apple/berry smell. There's a little more complexity in it with some sort of... I can't tell what this is. I actually think it has a smell like fabric, or maybe acetone. It smells very, very close to the WWE Raw Attitude. If I smell beyond that, I can get into the real flavor. It's some sort of tart and odd berry I haven't tasted before. Tasting it, there's much less of that acetone taste, and more of the sharp, flowery berry flavor. I can't adequately describe it, but I can tell you that it is insanely addicting and goes down incredibly fast. The sweetness is perfectly crisp and nice. Getting past the acetone which is still there, I might taste some hints of sweet tangerine, pineapple, and mango toward the end. I might call it a mix between the Khaos and the Rip It Citrus X with some berry and apple thrown in. I have hardly any idea what flavor it's meant to be, but possibly it's a more gourmet take on the usual energy drink bubble gum berry apple taste. I can't tell you what it's supposed to be, but I can tell you that it is very addicting.

DareDevil looked like a powerful drink, and it is. There are 2000mg of Taurine in the whole can, 400mg of Guarana, 50mg of Inositol, 50mg of L-Carnitine, 50mg of Panax Ginseng, 40mg of Milk Thistle, which is very good for your liver, 30mg of that great tree leaf Ginkgo Biloba, and 240 whopping mg of Caffeine. It's an awesome combination of energy ingredients that will keep you wired for hours and hours and hours. Keeping the kick focused and concentrated is Ginkgo Biloba, the one-of-a-kind tree leaf that has been preserved by Chinese and Japanese monks. And, like every energy drink, this one has a mess of vitamins, mostly B vitamins. To sweeten this beverage, there are 28g of sugar per serving of sugar, not HFCS, which I'm very comfortable with and which gave this a very bright taste. Also, there's a miniscule amount of sucralose, which I'm not a very big fan of, but thankfully, it didn't have any negative effect on the taste. DareDevil contains 110 caloreis per serving and 220 total. Overall, I'd call this a pretty tasty drink with superb energy ingredients and a great can design. I would definitely get this again and I'd say it is one of my go-to drinks.

*Oh, that's it: lemon, grapefruit, and some grape.

Taste: 8.6 - Grapefruit, lemon, grape that tastes pretty good sweetened with sucrose.
Kick: 8.7 - Very strong on energy ingredients and gives not only energy but also some focus
Overall: 8.5 - Call this a go-to drink

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"