Saturday, June 26, 2010

Buzz Bites Mint Chocolate Energy Chews


Alas, from the makers of Foosh Energy Mints, comes Buzz Bites, a chew packed with an intense hit of chocolate and mint, oh, and not to mention 100 milligrams of caffeine. Foosh has stepped up to meet the demands of caffeine junkies such as myself and Jeff by preparing a good dose of energy in the size of a mint, thereby excluding the need to drink an entire can of an energy drink, or a mug of coffee. Not that I don't like doing either of the two, but to me, popping a mint in my mouth, and receiving a great burst of energy, alternatively seems so much cooler. Instead of a hard, chalky mint, this time Foosh released their new, softer energy chews, and let me tell you, they are Seriously Caffeinated, as their motto suggests. On the rectangular tin, there's a neat design of a square chew, with mint leaves next to it. In each tin, there's 6 pieces, individually wrapped. After trying a few of these chocolatey, minty chews, I decided it was time to get down and review. I feel I can make this review more accurate by trying a couple of mints prior to sitting here and typing this up. Anyways, let's unwrap one of these bad boys.

After close examination of the square, sticky chew, it's not too difficult to predict a dark brown color, with a few damaged corners and edges. Popping one chew in my mouth, I immediately notice a quick rush of mint, and as I sink my teeth into the mint, chocolate becomes more noticeable, as does some bitterness, likely due to the amount of caffeine. In terms of taste, compared to the Foosh Mint, Buzz Bites is much more desirable - who doesn't like chocolate? The bitterness is extremely nicely masked by the choco-mint concoction, but it's not too sweet at all. Although it's almost sugar free, it's sweetened mostly artificially, by sucralose and acesulfame-k. As far as I can tell, I can only taste the artificial sweetness in the aftertaste, which is a mixture of fake chocolate and bitterness. I assure you, it's not too bad.

In means of energy and ingredients, Foosh is superb. In one mint, you get 25 calories, and only 3 grams of sugar. There's basic energy ingredients such as thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6 & B12, ginseng, taurine, and of course caffeine. As for other ingredients, there's corn syrup, sweetened condensed skim milk, sugar, part hydrogenated coconut oil, unsweetened chocolate, water, cocoa powder, caffeine, energy blend (Listed above), whey with calcium caseinate, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sucralose, acesulfame-k, and soy lecithin. Merely 15-20 minutes after one energy chew is downed, I feel an immediate burst of awareness, and plenty of energy rushing through my body. As I have stated in the Foosh review, one mint is more than enough if you want a good pick-me-up, and I never would condone ingesting more than two or three in one sitting. Foosh has once again succeeded with a fantastic new chocolate-mint energy chew, with the same trademark 100 milligram boost per chew/mint. If you haven't found Foosh just yet, you truly are missing out. I highly recommend grabbing a tin or two of Foosh from their website, if you cannot find any at local stores.

Taste: 8 - Tasty chocolate-mint flavor per chew, but a fake, but, not nearly grimacing bitter aftertaste
Kick: Again, this can vary per chew. 1 chew= ~7-8, 2 chews= ~8-9
Overall: 8.5 - Great alternative product if you're not in the mood for an energy drink or coffee.

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"