Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BooKoo Wet Wild Berry Rebound


This is one of those rare occasions when I don't have to have a cup to see the color of what I'm drinking. The BooKoo Wets come in 16.9oz clear plastic bottles, which make it easy to see the color. When I walked in on the 99 cent store another time, I saw these, a fresh shipment, each 50 cents, or two for a dollar. I freaked and just had to get two. I mean, they're BooKoo's! I simply could not resist picking up a new BooKoo product and for such a bargain. These BooKoo Wets must be special because they're in plastic bottles, but I'm not quite sure what else sets them apart. Perhaps it is the lack of common energy ingredients and the small amount of sugar. There are a mere 12g of sugar in one serving and no Taurine to be found whatsoever. I'm really hopeful of the flavor; it must be simply irresistible. I'll find out when I crack it open and pour it out into a- Oh, right. It's clear.

Well, I already know the color is a slightly opaque and cloudy purple-rose color, like berries; I knew that when I got it. But what of the taste? Oh dang, when I opened it, I saw that it was filled to the brim. I'm not kidding; it was filled right to the lip. More -BANG!- for your buck. I like that. Ooh, that's good. I took in a sort of mild berry taste and I picked up some bitterness and a bit of vitamins along the way. It doesn't leave much of an aftertaste but a little bit of gumminess, like you've just had grape juice. Truthfully, I think the smell is better than the taste. It tastes as rich as I thought it should be. The actual taste is subtle, like what I'm used to tasting in Gatorades, and it leaves about as much gumminess behind. I can't tell what the berry is. It's like a total average of every berry out there, tasting pretty generic and bland. I wish I were more able to discern the individual berry flavors. That would be something to really enjoy. This isn't a bad drink, it's just not fantastic. I suppose it would be great to take to the park just for something sweet. Now I must know what the kick is going to be like. We all know BooKoo is notorious for amazing kicks, and I'm praying I'll get something good like that out of this BooKoo offshoot.

What's in this? I'll tell you; it's right on the side of the bottle. Vitamins A, C, B6, B12, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ginseng, Potassium, Phosphorus, Gotu Kola. Not a bad line-up, but I don't see the very common Caffeine, Taurine, or Guarana. That may mean this is not so much an energy drink as just a "get-up-and-go" drink. It's good that I'm having a drink without those three things; I need to get them out of my system for a while for the next review. Singing along to a little Cannibal Corpse and after a quick workout, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not jittery or hyper, but that makes sense, because this is the Wild Berry Rebound. I feel totally rejuvenated and ready to do anything. Great job by BooKoo with the kick.

Taste: 7 - Berry, but what kind?
Kick: 8 - I've bounced back
Overall: 7.5 - Not bad

Reviewed by: Jeff

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"