Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rip It Citrus X

I'm here with yet another review. This time, I purchased, for the unbelievable price of $1.00, a Rip It Citrus X. Being that the Rip It Power was completely gross, I am hoping that this will give me a generous flavor. I am just guessing that this drink is just focusing on a citrus flavor. Anyway, this can has a yellow background along with the words "Rip It" going vertically along the can in all lowercase letters. This can design is neat because it has a glossy touch to it, yet it is very basic. So, I think I'm ready to review.

As the lid pops open with a loud CRACK, I smell a pleasant orange aroma. I guess it's similar to orange juice. It comes out of the can an opaque yellow orange color, resembling the background color of the can. Amazing, this drink is simply amazing. If you ever recall trying the Rip It Power, you taste an overpowering sweet and chalky taste. This, however, seems to have been from an entirely different company. As soon as it hits your mouth, you get a strong grapefruit taste. After that disappears, you get a pungent blend of lime and orange. There is absolutely no bitterness, whatsoever, which gives this drink a smooth flavor and a sweet aftertaste. There are a few tweaks Rip It needs to do with this drink. One is the amount of carbonation they put in. It is nearly impossible to take such a large sip, or chug it. That's alright because maybe they meant for it to be enjoyed. Another tweak is the amount of gumminess. I understand a lot of energy drinks out there contain gumminess due to the corn syrup. But you know, no energy drink out there is entirely perfect, so that doesn't bug too much. Other than that, this drink a incredibly good. Head over and pick this one up if you want a morning blend of orange, citrus, grapefruit, and lime. A complete winner, great job Rip It.

Alright, if you didn't know, Rip It puts some weird ingredients in their products, so let's talk about them. First, I see carbonated water. Following that, I see...*sigh* HFCS. Not the best sweetener out there, but fine. After that, citric acid and modified food starch. Hmmm, I've never seen that in an energy drink before. Woah, brominated vegetable oil. That's not healthy at all. Well, as you see, you find weird things in this drink. Per can, you get 2,000 mg of taurine and 260 calories. Sure that's a lot of calories, but hey, it's worth it. Surprisingly, you get 66 g of sugar, that is a lot for 16 ounces of pure energy. Overall, you really want to try this one as soon as you can find it, you will not regret it, trust me.

Taste: 9 - That is one tasty drink
Kick: 10 - Almost finished with the drink, and yet I am very hyper
Overall: 9 - Definitely one you need to get your hands on

Reviewed by: Chan

No comments:

Reviewers

Jeffery "Jeff," Chandler "Chan"